Why "of course", Leo?

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Leo owns Splinter Razz

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:45 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Is that the same Splinter that had a plastic front end which Hypno completely shattered? If so, was Leo the driver on TV?

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:50 pm 
leo-rcc

No that was still Stuart and Craig Weightman then.

The Splinter I had was the version built after the one that Hypnodisk shredded.

Me and my favorite robot.

http://www.truveo.com/Robot-Wars-HypnoDisc-vs-Splinter/id/32182636
The one that was destroyed.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:56 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

yet another day wasted watching every ep of robot wars UK Laughing

Whats your favourite fight from the lot?

in no particular order mine would be,

- Chaos 2 vs Wild thing (semi final of series 4 i think)

Had so much tension through out the fight, Chaos 2 dominating early on as usual, then Wild thing coming out of nowhere and nearly shoving chaos 2 down the pit, how it managed to not go down it was nothing short of a miracle, then nearly the same thing happening to wild thing moments later. So much driving ability and tactics in that fight i love it Very Happy

- Bigger brother vs Hypno disk (series 5 semis)

Just hypno disk wrecking bigger brother for 2 and a half minutes really. Even had the audacity to turn off the disk and start ramming bigger brother into the pit.

Then out of nowhere in the final seconds the pit button is pushed and hypnodisk is left tettering on the pit as it decends and a final shove kicks it down for good.

was just so unbelievable and heart stopping for it to go out like that with a few seconds left after totally demolishing bigger brother. Thats one of the reasons i enjoy RWUK so much even now, compared to most events now and battlebots as well things were so unpredicatable and nail biting all the time. even the worst matches had you hanging on the edge of your seat Surprised

- Stinger vs chaos 2 (semi finals series 4) it was an okay fight overall, but i think i liked it most because chaos 2 had owned EVERYONE for the last 2 series and everyone wanted to see it get its ass kicked Razz

with the back cover getting smashed up by stingers hammer and some other damage it looked like it was going to go stingers way but chaos 2 got it just Mad

i was going to put a few razor fights in there, but looking back at them they're all pretty boring to be fair. after you get past the awesomeness of the robot itself its just a grab hold dead affair really Razz

funny that most of my personal favs seem to have the pit as a big part of them too heehhee

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

My fav would have to be pussycat and hypnodisc. Not an overly exciting match but I like seeing the underdog win. Pussycat getting a lucky blow to disable one wheel of hypno, it justs shows the spirit of combat, that anyone has fighting chance.

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 pm 
RogueTwoRobots

As an excitable young kid there were so many battles from earlier Robot Wars series' that I loved, the only problem being that its been so long since I've seen them I forget which ones I particularly loved.

Even though I've seen a lot of comments (especially on Youtube) about Razer being boring, I still just admire it in every way Laughing
So for that reason, the Southern Annihilator final will always stick in my mind, purely for the fact that no house robot had ever been...err...abused like that before. The Wheely Big Cheese fights with the OOTA from almost the middle of the arena were a bit memorable, although watching back on Youtube, the robots didn't seem to fly as high as I remembered at the time.

Gravity's six second elimination of Dantomkia was pretty epic as well, but for endurance, tense-ness, edge-of-your-seat stuff I have to agree with you Glen on the Chaos 2 vs Wild Thing fight. The way Chaos 2 managed to cling on to the last millimetres of arena floor not once but twice to avoid being pitted was sensational. Felt kinda bad for the Adams family after that though; neither robot deserved to lose that fight Sad

So many more that I can't remember, must get watching old episodes again. I started re-watching S7 ages ago but got to Heat D then forgot about it Confused

Oh, and fave robots would have to be:
-Razer
-Hypnodisc
-Chaos 2 (didn't like it at first, beating Hypno and winning almost everything but once I saw it perform live and had a chance to drool over it on static display I gave it a lot more admiration)
-Cassius 2 (again, an awesome machine to peek into and prod at a static display)
-Panic Attack (around the S4/S5 design time)
-Typhoon 2 (patriotism FTW! Smile )

and while I never really saw much of Battlebots, I can't let Warhead escape my list.

Top three house robots would be Dead Metal, Growler and Shunt

With great power, comes great reliability

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i wonder what came of the house robots. i heard a few of the stand in house robots with no guts in them got sold off.

if i ever see the real ones pop up on ebay ill be taking out a personal loan so damn fast Laughing

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
shreddy

storm 2 was a solid performer i rekon. it lived up to the 'full body hammer' and to fit 6wd, a 4 bar lifter and all that power into such a small space was amazing. it absolutely dominated tornado aswell Razz

The day I stop giving 100%, is the day I stop competing

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 pm 
::CASPER::

Best Competitors
1. Razer
2. Storm II
3. Gravity
4. Hypno Disc
5. Cassius

Best Fights
1. Razer vs Milly-Ann Bug
2. Hypno Disc vs V-Max
3. House Robot Rebellion with Gravity and Behemoth
4. Cassius vs Panic Attack
5. Storm II vs Typhoon 2

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
i wonder what came of the house robots. i heard a few of the stand in house robots with no guts in them got sold off.
if i ever see the real ones pop up on ebay ill be taking out a personal loan so damn fast Laughing

Hmm, now theres a thought for an enterprising builder. Replica Robots.

I'll bet theres a heap of people worldwide out there that would part with some serious cash for their own Killalot, Razer or whatever. Have a look at the replica industries for movie cars, back-to-the-future, star wars and quite a few other big ones.

Perhaps they could be offered in different size/scales for different $ numbers.

Functionality could be optional extras. ie. If you want a Killalot with an arm that can actually chomp things in half, it costs much more than one that can just grab and lift.

Might be some trademark issues with the famous TV bots to check out first. But since there doesnt seem to be much likelyhood of the show returning to TV anytime soon they might not mind. you could always ask.

just a thought for anyone who would like to get paid to build robots for people.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:10 pm