well only 3 bots turned up
Plan-G
Scissorhands
Flexo

everybody got busted up
we did a full round robin ;->

Plan-G Vs Scissorhands
Plan-G got owned.
scissorhands tore our drum mounts in half, despite having several oppertunities to press the attack on his wheels we missed each time :-< We eventually got flipped (somehow) and were out. Nick's "shaft" got bent though so at least we did something

Scissorhands Vs Flexo.
Flexo got flexed.
After a pretty hardcore first 30 seconds Flexo's hammer came off, 30 seconds later (still pretty hardcore) flexo's power switch got turned off.

Plan-G Vs Scissorhands.
Plan-G sacrificed itself in the name of saving us from death by boredom.
A dull match due to Plan-G having the wedge on it now that was going Plan-G's way until we blew a gearbox :-<

Placings
1st Scissorhands
2nd Flexo
3rd Plan-G

Rumble
Went pretty hardcore for a minute or 2. with Flexo and Plan-G pounding on Scissorhands
well actually it was Plan-G pounding on Scissorhands with Flexo hiding in a corner like a wuss. When i drove over to Flexo and by proxy dragged Scissorhands over Flexo got a bit more involved, which was good, until his power switch got turned off again. After a pause so he could switch it back on the match went for another minute or so. Lots more big noise smashing about. Flexo stopped again turns out the switch was now exploded, so Bort pulled it and cut the wires leading to the switch and joined them then put it back in the ring (about 30 seconds or so)
He put it back but scissorhands wasn't running, so we called it quits.
Judgment from the Panel was
1st Plan-G
2nd Scissorhands
3rd Flexo.

I think we blew up a little bit of the scorpion again too. we lost reverse on one side, so i'll have to take a look at that.

I'm wondering if the scorpion has any voltage spike protection devices on it, I don't think it does myself so I'll be taking a look at that while i repair it.

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Video time

I am using a new encoder that does H264 for better quality. The first video uses default settings and produced a mega hooj file, while the following clips have lower bit rates to reduce th file size - let me know how they compare:

Match one: ScissorhanDs VS Plan-G http://www.nswrfc.org/video/Marayong_5.7/Scissorhands_V_Plan-G.mp4 - 23Mb

Match two: Scissorhands VS Flexo - the payback Razz http://www.nswrfc.org/video/Marayong_5.7/Scissorhands_V_Flexo.mp4

Match three Plan-G VS Flexo http://www.nswrfc.org/video/Marayong_5.7/Plan-G_V_Flexo.mov only 7 Mb and still good quality

Melee

http://www.nswrfc.org/video/Marayong_5.7/melee.mov - should be up around 2am Monday

Update: Match two is encoded with a lower bit rate than Match one; I can hardly see the difference. The melee is encoded as a lower Quicktime MOV file; not as good looking, but at least the title works properly.

Last edited by Nick on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

first one looks way cool

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Match 3, Plan-G vs Flexo will be on line any second; download the new link above.

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 pm