www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Battleshed 08 - The Shed of Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Author    Thread
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I didn't hear it on the phone. My brother was too busy with the camera. What I got was the commentary of the video replay. But we will all get to check it out when it is posted soon.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

How can you comment so much on an event you didn't even attend xD They wern't moving that doesn't mean masses of flame wasn't pouring out. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

As I said I am waiting for the video. I am simply going on someone elses observations.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Fair enough. It was a fairly anticlimatic finals with cobra dying and drive issues for both finalists this is true. Can the first videos posted please be Scissorhands vs Rhino and the rumble? Twisted Evil

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:55 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I will post the rumble ASAP

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:05 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

yep, definitely want to see some of the smashing again!

There was some awesome carnage Smile

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

@ Andrew K: I tire of your whinging and parochialism.

You can build all the art bots you want, but everyone else understands that competing at Battleshed or Robowars means damage from spinners and if you or Daniel signs up you have to deal with the consequences; holding armour on with cable ties is just not going to cut it at an interstate event and I was heartened that when Hellcat had it’s rear armour knocked off that the opponents backed off in case there was a tap-out.

In the match with Hellcat & Rapture, I was in the arena after both robots got immobilised. Rapture was propped up on the wall and Hellcat. I specifically asked the audience if I should free Rapture, since it might well have freed itself once Hellcat was removed. I got 100% ‘yes’ and zero ‘no’. so nobody can complain there wasn’t a consensus or a choice given.

“Sissyhands lost to an all plastic robot.”

That’s SO adult of you. I didn’t complain after losing an absolutely epic fight, even if my bot had a fraction of the damage that Rhino had. If anything, it shows just how hard it is to win with a spinner. Strangely, Rhino beat Bender with very similar levels of damage and scores (different judges BTW). I didn’t hear the Rotwang guys complaining and that should show you how other teams handle themselves.

As a club president, you really need to exercise some restraint and diplomacy. There are plenty of times I could go off at what happens at events or what people say but I don’t, ‘cause to wouldn’t be productive or useful –you need to do the same.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:07 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I have never built an "art robot". We may be twins but we build our robots seperatly.

I never intended Hellcat to compete again but Daniel needed a robot so the chassis was pulled out and pieced together in a week. I am not upset it is damaged and have not said so. I just wish I was the person driving it.

I think you are referring to the fight against Bender? I don't think a serious competition, as battleshed is claimed to be, should be run on a popularity vote. While no rules where ever posted beforehand as to how the competition was going to be run I am just surprised how many 2nd chances robots are given.

I am not the club president. As publicly posted I am the secretary. I just want to point that out to avoid any further confusion.

I think if anyone, regardless of whether they competed or not, has any comments to make about how the event was run then they need to be discussed. Problems should be solved not ignored. I know if anyone has any issues with an event I helped to organise I would want to hear about it so we can improve next time.

As for the immature comment I apologise. The comment was made in jest and was not ment to offend. The incorrect name had more to do with problems using a new web browser than an intentional insult (I miss spelled the name and when I tried to correct it half the page went blank. When I noticed I had entered Sisshands I thought at the time it would be funny to add the y.). My intention was to post as much news as I had heard. That is all the details I had. I would liked to have posted more fights as I know I was currious so presumed others who could not attend would be too but could not get much information from 30 second phone calls and SMS messages.

Off topic: this new Google Chrome browser needs a lot of work. Why can't I see half the text I just entered? Spell check needs work too.

Last edited by kkeerroo on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

well it's a pity you didn't come down and compete.
It was a good event, and generally lots of fun.

I hope there was some fun stuff going on in Brisbane Smile

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

battleshed.. not a serious competition Sad thats a bit harsh

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cerberus3112

everybody needs to take a breath re-read there posts and think should i really post this

@ being a serious event I would rather have a fun event where everybody helps each other out things are decided fairly etc then have a serious comp were you have to follow the rules that's final no say.Very Happy

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:

The scoring system sounds as inconsistent as always with my brother talking of not going for a KO as that wont get him into the finals.

As opposed to the your system which placed a bot that drove half way across the arena then exploded ahead of scissorhands.
Hopefully you work on that before using it.

quote:

I don't think a serious competition, as battleshed is claimed to be, should be run on a popularity vote

yeah because serious things are never decided by a popular vote.

Speaking of which I hope both the Andrews managed to get to the polling places in time on sat.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
seanet1310

Time out from the negativity and lets get back to the greatness that was battleshed. It was a great event and I am sure most people enjoyed it.
Thanks For holding the event and having us and stuff it is great
Nick may I ask what happened to scissorhands in the end? i know i was incredibly lucky there.
And bender in the end could not move as he ran out of battery charge before that he was well and truly kicking my ass.

more to be added latter

Last edited by seanet1310 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Hey All,

I'm just in the door aftyer an hour and a half holdup at Sydney airport. Thanks to all who ran a fantastic event, Jeff for again letting us take over his house for 2 days, and Andrew for putting us up.

Fantastic fun whens the next one???

Neweyn

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:39 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

results are at
http://www.vapourforge.com/robowars/2008/battleshed/battleshed08.html

semi finals
Cobra V dumbell winner dumbell (by forefit)
Plan-G V Pound 4 Pound

Final
Plan-G v dumbell winner dumbell

placings
dumbell
pllanG
pound4pound
cobra

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number