40%  [ 2 ]
The 26th - more time to get ready
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hahah at jeff, i wouldnt want to ruin my favourite pair of pantyhose Shocked nah i did end up picking up the belt yesterday but too late to get it working. cobras all done now anyway.

gotta bring my bike for a test down tallagandra too Razz

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Lucky you - I still have to put all the electronics back into Scissorhands Sad

If you take the bike for a burn down the street, we had better post a lookout - I remember how funny it was when the cops pulled you & Andrew up for riding the EVs on the street!

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:18 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hahah yes i think they where somewhat mortified at andrews "contraption" Laughing

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I'm guessing by the fact that nothing has been said here that the event never happened.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

LOL, it was so awesome we can't share the details with anyone who wasn't there. Jake has all the match details as usual, I believe he also took out the event with Plan-G. Cobra was 2nd, and I can't recall 3rd place.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:21 pm 
andrew

awesome is scissorhands throwing itself across the arena and landing perfectly on the wall.

Yeah was a ok event, we need to be more time friendly though as last match was at bout 6 Razz

my robot worked except for after a hge hit agasinst flexo where it backflipped the brushless wouldnt fire properly so somethings gone out of sync

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

haha if you where ready on time that wouldnt have been a problem Razz seemed like 95% of us where ready to roll by about 10:30 which was pretty good.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Mini Orb and Flexo didn't make it into the finals. Since they didn't fight I guess they both come third?

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good event really. Good to battle a few more robots, even if two of them were cobra for me Rolling Eyes We need more spinners dammit.

One thing I thought we should implement is making it clear which robot you are battling with on the day. So that way you can bring along as many as you want, but you are not stacking the field in your favour. You can fight with two or more but only one can score for season points. I think that's fair.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

More spinners did you say? I was thinking of having Jolt make a return later in the year, the big project at the moment is to get Chuck running, hopefully for Battleshed.

Running more than one bot but nominating only one to score points is fair, but there are some situations that may not work out so well - what if your bots both made the grand final, does your scoring bot get an automatic win without a fight? What if your non-scoring bot takes out your toughest opponent permanently?

It seems that your secondary bot inevitably becomes your main bot's wingman. I am all for bringing along multiple bots and it was great that Chris make the huge effort to bring a second new bot along last time, but I don't want it to seem unfair to teams with only one bot.

How about this: you have to nominate your scoring bot a week in advance. When your bots get drawn against each other, you can't have a bye unless one of them is genuinely broken. Yow have to hand one bot over to another driver and fight it. That could get really interesting if I brought back Jolt and it had to go up against Scissorhands - nobody could say the field was unbalanced after the Lipo fire and molten Ti was extinguished! Laughing

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm 
Fish_in_a_Barrel

Didn't you guys debate this a while ago?

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:21 am 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

Very Happy Im not sure if we did or not?
I actually was going to let someone else work on and drive one of my robots but remarkably everyone came with a robot.
I reckon i will continue to build and bring 2 or 3 robots and decide which one to use on the day,adds a bit of variety to it .

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I believe the consensus was with the battle puter you can run multiple bots but if your drawn against yourself (pretty much only going to happen in the finals) you hand the controls over to somebody else.

As for scoring, there is the bot and team/driver championship points.
a new/different bot isn't going to add to the bot point score.
For thew drivers i don't think we had an answer.

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

If we see more multiple bots then you should remove whatever was in place preventing the bots from going up against each other. The other bot should be treated equally and if they are drawn against each other there is a contingency of someone else driving. So every bot should have equal chance of drawing one another.

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

It does penalize people for having multiple bots.
That seems like a bad thing to me, try to avoid team vs team as much as possible to encourage more bots into the comp.
Besides who wouldn't want to drive jolt in the Scissorhands Vs Jolt match ;->

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Ok but say for instance that the two best bots in the comp are owned by the same builder. What you have effectively done is given them seeding from another so they never have the possibility of doing terminal damage to each other or beating the other.

You said that drawing your own bot was pretty much only possible in the final. So you wouldnt see scissorhands v jolt unless they both made it to the final. I'm saying there should be equality and that if every other robot has to face the possibility of getting destroyed by scissorhands then so should Jolt in this case.

I dont think either way will discourage multiple bots, they are meant to be for other people and to pad up numbers a bit, so people should have the right motivations. But what i think is important is equality.

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm