RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Victorian Round Sunday 14th Oct
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Victorian Round Sunday 14th Oct

Ok Mark has responded with a proposal.

He is prepared to run an event on Sunday 14th October but suggests we wait until Tuesday 6th November (Cup Day)

I think we need to make a decision quickly so can we please try and get a consensus by mid week? We cant afford to stuff Mark around.

I've let Mark know that I've posted the question on the forum and that we will get back soon.

Last edited by NMO on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:17 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Personally I think we should hold an event in October no mater what, perhaps we could hold another one at Danny's in October and do Sidetracked in November???

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Edit:
I assume you mean 14th October in your first message, since September 14 has already passed ?

I'm happy with either, but if there is going to be a Sidetracked Event in november, 3 weeks after an hypothethical event at Daniel's in October, then I would be inclined to treat the indoor competition event closeby as the "serious competition day" and use the october one at Daniels as more of a build/practice day to ensure everyone is ready.

No Offense to Daniel, but possible weather washouts, and more practice in getting the judges etc organised is needed before its ready for a serious compeition IMO.

Werent some of the guys thinking of heading for Sydney in November though ?

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Yes it is the 14th October, I've edited my oprional post. i had forgotten about the proposed Sydney trip, what do people think are 2 events in November to many???

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:23 pm 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

My birthday is on the 15th of October, so I believe if we do have an event on the 14th you all must let me win each and every fight I'm.
Seriously, if we do have an event here (my house) in mid Oct then side tracked in Nov, that would be great for all the reasons we talked about like getting judging organized, timing, fillers ect.
the Sydney event is also in Nov, the question is will we go to one or both. If I have planed on going to an interstate event then we plan one here,great, I'll go to both. I don't believe to many events will limit turnouts, only encourage more builders. After all we do need to catch up on a few.

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:35 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

I would probably prefer the 14th but a event on both days is ok with me . I like the idea of two events in two different locations and this would give us much needed practice at being ready . If we go to "the new junkyard" in Jam Jerrup and it rains - I'll try to make mothbots and Vincent waterproof ( maybe he can run underwater ?) - As I have been silly enough to take on the judging again , (what was I thinking-lol) , I'll start a seperate post about judging ideas for the new events - enjoy Moth

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:45 am 
Andrew W

An event on the 13/14th October sounds good to me. Good job it will be at Sidetracked, as I didn't fancy sitting in a carpark trying to get down to Danny's (same weekend as the grand prix is down at Phillip Island).
I'll bring my rc car and cameras (as fillers) and I'll try and get the camera working properly at Sidetracked (last time it didn't work at all). I'll also bring my 'bot as it will be working in time this time around.

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:29 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Ok,

I said I would get back to Mark by mid week and it's mid week.

I rang Mat and He's working on Cup Day, if I've tallied up the votes correctly it's 3 for I don't mind which date, and 3 for 14th October at Sidetracked

Also Andrew does provide an excellent point for not going to Danny's that weekend (GP weekend)

So I'll send an email to Mark confirming the 14th Oct.

I'll also ask him if he needs any help setting up the arena, I know that work can be a problem (I won't know if I can do this until about 1 week before) but Could we organise to go to side tracked a few days before and help setup? As I said I'll ask Mark if he thinks he needs any help.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:55 am 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

14th sounds good.
Do they set the arena up the night before or on the day?
Could we try something else in the schedule, like sumo/tug-o-war, king of the hill or a popper soccer game.

I have penciled in 24/25 Nov for an event here in the "Name It Arena". this is just a tentative one, we will chat on that one.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:33 am 
Rob Team Rotwang

We're happy with 14th of October...

Gives 18days to get ready, put reboots good drum on etc...

14th isnt a good day for the Khronos Team as its the day after Mez's b'day

Dads just finished a 22hr shift at work Shocked

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:42 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

HEY GUYS PLEASE READ THIS

I just got this email in response to my email to Mark, re wishing to have the 14th October.

"After much consideration - I have decided to pull out of Robot events for the ramainder of this year. This is mainly due to the fact that our arena needs some important maintenance work - and the staff member who looks after this is away for quite awhile in England. I wll have it ready for our National event in January."

So my question is to Danny, Can we have an event at your place on 14th Oct???? I know that this is GP weekend, but if we don't start having regular events soon we'll never get to a better place than we are at now.

What do people think?

Neweyn

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:58 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

That would probably fit in OK as a practice run for our lightweights that we can’t run in the existing Sidetracked arena.

Help work out some of the potential glitches before Battelshed in November.

Probably just bring the minimum feathers for a vic series round and if there is a couple more lights there, Bullant and King Pin we could get some light fights on the board, possibly the start of a light Vic series.

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:36 am 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

I'm happy to have an event here.
Though if some kind of working bee could be organized before the day that would be great. There are a few things needed to be done, like the barrier. I have decided on the best wood to use, and I can have it here tomorrow. There is also some painting, cutting ect. but I will need a good days work with some help if it is to be 100% by the 14th.
An idea might be to arrive Saturday morning (the 13th) , make good the Name It arena, and sleep here (tent, spare beds, swag or sofa.) Saturday night. In the morning I'll put on breaky as I would do dinner the night before, and we could begin with a completed Arena, though this time we run it like a public event.
How does that sound.

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:23 am 
Daniel Marshall
Experienced Roboteer

Or we could have an event a week later being the 20/21st Oct, to avoid the GP traffic.

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:28 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Mat and I are busy on the 20/21 oct

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:32 pm