www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Savager - Team Savage - WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

The stabilizer regulator from Palmer Pursuit Pro shop is the most recommended anywhere as stated in a previous post.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dreakoth

lol thanks for that link, jeeze i was looking everywhere for it! bloody hell... Razz

You guys got the female stabaliser model if memory serves, it seems good, can u tell me what it costed u with shipping ect in the end?
The air system i got now will do for awhile, i got onto the local paintball guy again and he contacted this dude who makes the guns, and he is working on a 'frontmount reg' that will do CO2 fine so when he finishes it he'll contact me with a price, might turn out to be a winner.

In lue of my CO2 reg and getting the system setup for ram testing ect i went out and brought the cheapest aircompressor with a tank i could find, got all the fittings plumbed up and hooked it upto my miniram, my only issue was switching the valve.

BHMike has been trying to help me out with my weapon controler, we had major issues with a transistor, couldnt figure it out but in the end i put in a ttl relay and now its all good.

Just this arvo i banged together a little setup which ill try to upload a pic of Razz, its alrdy fallen apart as the 10ish mm woodscrews dont like pnuematic rams Razz. I was only running it at 30psi and im surprised at how powerfull it is, i cant wait to see a bigger ram with 100psi behind it swinging a decent sized pick around Very Happy

yay for robots of mass destruction!

p.s. ill get pics later, camera is in the car and i cbf getting up.

pics: BHM's spagetti speedos on my drill powered plywood plank (wtf is with that alliteration! Razz)

and my dodgy remote controlled pnumatic AXE handle ...of doom...Razz

and the electronics

edit: 'Huge pictures r huge'... sorry guys i cbf shrinking them ill do better next time Razz

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:59 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

off the top of my head the stabalizer was just over $100 with shipping. They also make a receiver mounted model but then you need the bottle adapter anyway but this means you can keep the reg seperate to the bottle. They come in 0-250psi or 0-800psi options and also options for the gauges and colours. The 300psi gauge (smallest) is useless but they sell seperatly a large 250psi gauge that I have found to be robot proof but is an extra $30 or so. Keep in mind the output fitting is either 1/8 NPT or 10-32 but the also sell slip fittings and adapters in both imperial and metric options.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
assassin

Your board bot vs mine Laughing

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:02 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

You guys must be board Laughing

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:22 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/dyrodium/Picture.jpg
Its on! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
We all started somewhere... Keep up the good work!

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:52 pm 
Dreakoth

lol look what i have started!! the horror Razz

i think mine wins Very Happy more noodley appendages
(note the speedcontroller boards on the side Razz)

close to getting some parts for my main design for my weapon, the other setup is just to show off to the companies i goto so they go "ooo neat" and give me free stuff Razz

does anyone have any duplex 06B or 08B chain lying around?
need to find some, have to hunt down a supplier that will do offcuts.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:09 pm 
leo-rcc

http://www.bugs.nl/media/source/rw/roosendaal2005/nl-kees/DSC09852.JPG

First test of a new drive train.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:59 pm 
cavecrusher

i've even got 2 versions Razz

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:23 pm 
Fish_in_a_Barrel

Heh, Punk never made it past the plank of wood stage.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:30 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I tried that too, but messed up with how many wheels you need.
http://robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=786

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:05 pm 
Bugs

Looks familiar:
http://www.bugs.nl/media/album/view.php?&path=L3J3L2JvZWtlbG8yMDA1L25sLWJ1Z3MvSU1HXzMxMjkuSlBH
Action video:
http://www.bugs.nl/media/source/rw/boekelo2005/nl-bugs/Mvi_3164c.avi

Never continued with it though. I'm still playing with the idea for a gyro/mixer setup. As this was done with custom speedo's which are a bit to bulky

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Or for those on a budget

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m9oioAL4fxc

Hmm.. Lego Wars ! Now that would keep repair costs down Laughing
I saw someone did a lego Nightmare once, but the disc kept self exploding

They look like fun. Dick Smith has them for about $378 with a nifty looking bluetooth/usb micro controller widget.

"Hey, would that qualify for a.... "Walker Bonus" ?

Aaaaggh Grenade ! (Dives out of room) Twisted Evil[url][/url]

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dreakoth

So iv been trying to order a female stab. reg. of palmer pursuit but it (IE7) isnt letting me (grmbl at windowz). Its returning some certificate error so ill have a look later (ill just do it in ubuntu Razz)

Update: Im not sure if its the cetificate erros, but i think their sql script for making new accounts is borked, it keeps erroring on me :'( . I just want my regulator!!
I'm curious as to if someone who has an account there can order me a female stabaliser to my adress and i can pay them.
</update>

When i get the reg, i can finish the co2 setup, get my final ram size and buy it, and ill have my POP to arrange for a overall layout, might even do up a cad or two.

Im considering using some smaller wheels to allow for a more compact deisgn so im wondering whats out there, those home made ureatherane (sry but i cbf looking the proper spelling up, u know what i mean) wheels look real nice, if anyone has a rough price estimate or somesuch anything around the 70mm diameter i guess.

I think iv got my cousin interested in helping me out a bit, he builds and restores cars for a hobby and has a few contacts he offered to talk to for me, along the lines of welding and some machineing which is good cause i personally dont have a welder or even a bench vice atm so machineing anything is a effort Razz

I dont have alot in the way of progess to show atm but my robots gone along way in my head Razz

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:27 pm 
Dreakoth

Well now, time for an update I spose.

I’ve been collecting parts for my pneumatic system and have finally received my CO2 reg. from palmer pursuits.
I am very pleased apart from having a retarded scale on the gauge (got the small one but its 0-600psi and 100psi is unreadable) and having the postal center bitch about having it sitting in their warehouse for 3 weeks cause I didn’t pick it up with them on the verge of sending it back, yet I only ever received one notice to pick it up and that was today *shrug*.

I also have my Pneumatic Ram, CO2 tank and 5/2 valve (possibly going to move onto dual 3/2 port valves for added functionality at cost of complexity.)

The ram is a 125mm stroke 63mm bore and i have devised a rack and pinion style system to actuate my axe.

This will require some nice bracket / bearing mounts that i have to design and fabricate and I'm considering getting them CNC'd out of some hardish ali, I would also like to get some block type motor mounts that iv seen around the forum for the ozito (or whatever brand) bunnings drill motors, I dont know alot in this area and any information on if someone can make me some up or tips on where or what to do with fabricating that kind of thing would be appreciated.

Another thing i need is a hardened steel shaft for my weapon it will be 20mm dia. and need to be around 100mm in length i spose (at a rough estimate) If anyone has a source or something suitable in their shed im sure it would be cheaper then finding something here.

I'm also considering getting some better wheels then the red ones, something custom around 70mm dia. if anyone has info on that.

Now for some pictures if i can find a decent host...

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:18 am