www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Pocket bikes!

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Pocket bikes!

they need their own thread now Razz

got my 50cc CAG chinese knockoff on tuesday. bought it from ebay the previous sunday so good service from that mob. got it running on the thursday and have been hooning it around ever since Very Happy these things are awesome!

then had problems with it running for about 1 minute then dieing, had a similar problem with the fiat so i tore the little cute carby apart blew all the chunks of rubber from the disentegrating chinese fuel lines out and put it back together. ran great.

goes damn fast too. but doesnt have too much power down low. so todays job was to replace the fuel lines, fuel filter and see if i could mod up the carb. noted that leading into the throttle rod the opening is pretty narrow. so i got my countersink out and bored a big old bellmouth into the intake. made a nice improvement to things it must be said! also had a look at the crappy stocker air intake which is a box of plastic with a maybe 6mm hole as the air inlet that runs up and then 90 degrees into the carb, helped that out by drilling a big old hole in the casing behind the filter element ~ 22mm. it breathes well it seems.

had to modify the brakes too as they came pretty well useless due to them rubbing up on the disk so i spaced them out with a few washers and adjusted things. locks up the front and slowly brakes the rear. ill try some stoppies one day XD

ahhh now to go spending obscene amounts of money on it! woo! XD

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

I guess that's the only thing you can buy because you don't have a license Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:46 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hahah oh so you would think Cool

just think.

i am the only person who can never be the designated driver XD party times are good. Cool

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'm always DD... Designated Drunk!

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 pm 
Matt

Hah

Yeah pocket bikes rock, i had a mini chopper about 15 months ago was good fun bought it off a mate of mine for 300 bucks use to ride it everywhere, even tryed rideing it to work a few times knew it was illegal but didnt really bother me until one morrning dad didnt really like the idea of it tho,

Pulled out of my driverway one morrning to ride it to work to show a couple of my mates thought to my self ya this will be sweet as, anyways half way down the street a copper drives past me i just keep going try to ignore him, i look over my shoulder and hes done a U turn and flashed his lights and started following me at this point im like "damnit this is all i need"

Anyways i think i can do a shifty and just keep going thought to my self if i could make it down a back road around the corner from my steet i could loose him than just back track home, so i kept going anyways cut thru a video store car pack than a servo where a truck ended up blocking me so i stoped waited a sec, just.. befor i was about to take of again the copper rocks up beside me he hopes out yells get off the bike!

Anyways i end up getting a slap on the wrists and the full on lecture off him, the chick partner of his was just smileing and laughing at the fact i tryed to do a runner on a pocket bike anyways copped 2 fines for it Unregistered Vehicle and a Unlicened Driver, ended up being about 650 bucks in fines, heh i wasnt to happy anyways i ride it back home once the coppers left than while im just putting it back inside, out comes dad

"i told you so, Would ya like a lift? " he goes heh

Anyways just thought id tell y'all about that i think back to it now and laugh ill never forget it heh

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:21 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

those 110cc choppers are pretty beastly, i reckon i could nearly do a runner on the old mini bike, would have to at least stand more of a chance then on those crappy electric ones we had one event Sad

least all my cool parts should come in this week (timing keys, modded cranks, bigger exhaust all that fancy crap) then itll be hammering. then time to see if i can mod it for fuel injection and electronic ignition Very Happy

i think itll be my ride from the station to work. have to work out how to get it on the bus though Shocked

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:48 pm