RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

NSWRFC inc

Author    Thread
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

NSWRFC inc

just a quick announcement .......NEW SOUTH WALES ROBOT FIGHT CLUB inc
is now a registered association as of 20-2-2007
so i guess its the first combat robot club in Australia.
we so far have 11 registered financial members.
club president ......Nick Martin
vice president ......Courtney Web
treasurer ............Jeff Johnson
secretary [public officer] Chris Clarke.
anyone wishing to find out more about the club please contact [chrisjon65] through this forums PM facility cheers Chris

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:06 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

<As suggested, since this thread devolved into personal rants, I have cleared all the messages back to the point at which it diverged from its intended purpose - We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming Wink )

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

<three deep breaths> Let's all play nice.

Brett, I am genuinely interested to know how Mark from Sidetracked sees a Robowars event fitting into his business model. Does he see it as a direct revenue earner, a feature to get more people in the the door and spend money in other areas of the venue, or is he just personally interested? Has he been able to document any business return yet and is he interested in any format changes to make the outcome better for Sidetracked?

Knowing that detail will help us and the Queenslanders pitch our events more successfully. As I see it, we need to give the host we are pitching to the most benefit while still having an enjoyable event for ourselves - not always an easy balance.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:20 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

AFAIK on a financial level, Sidetracked mainly see RoboWars as a form of promotion and advertising for their venue as a place to go for entertainment.

I suppose you would call it "Sponsorship" - They believe the exposure for them is worth the effort they put into events - There has been no other financial incentive or rewards for them (other than keeping their computer techie happy).

Events cost time & money. If the money doesnt come from the builders, and admission to the public is free, advertising/exposure (or personal enjoyment) is the only possible reward. Maybe they just like doing it if it doesnt cost them too much ?

As you know, Mark is experimenting with the idea of holding a ticketed event to see if that will fly and increase the funding available to put on a better show. Whether that will work or not is not yet known.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

thankyou brett yes it was going on ...funnily i didnt ask for peoples opinions just interest, but hell i might start a few more topics Wink

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:36 pm