www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Annihlator Poster Photos

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Annihlator Poster Photos

Hi Everyone,

I'm presently working on compiling the 100+ photos I have from the Annihlator event into a big A3-size commemorative poster I'm going to get Color-laser Printed and Laminated and offer to everyone.

Unfortunately, my Digital Camera seemed to lose a few photos (I've never totally filled its 128 photo capacity up before, so maybe it overwrote some) so I'm missing a few people I'd like to include. Plus maybe you have some Photo's you would like to see included ?

So have a look through my photos in the forum photo album, and if you dont see your head in there, or you have a particularly nice photo of your bot (or someone elses) you think should be a poster that will be hanging on peoples walls, and I dont have as good a pic, then get one to me *pronto*. I want to try and get the editing done over the next few days if possible, so dont delay..

if you are going to send a photo through, please make sure it is as high a resolution as practical. Remember this is going to be a 300 DPI A3 sized print, so 640x480 pixel shots wont cut it.. unless you want them really small on the poster.. especially once I just cut out a small part of it to collage together..

thanks for any contributions..

Brett

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

actually, some more good "action" shots of the bots in the arenas would be nice if anyone managed to take photos through the lexan.. mine are all mostly in the pits.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

The preliminary version of the A3-size Annihlator Poster I have been working on is ready for unveiling !

Link to a low-res (800x600) version is here
http://www.robowars.org/images/compilation-1-copy-lo-res.jpg

The final version is about 5000x3500 pixels and takes up 100 megabytes (!) so dont worry it will be much higher quality when printed.

I asked a few days back and nobody sent me any pics to be included, so I assume you all like the pics in my collection. I'm missing a few people (Chrisjon, Aaron, Karmond, Glen, anyone else I missed), so if you want your head in the poster (or dont like the existing photo of you), you have about **24** hours to get a hi-res pic to me ! I want to get them printed on Friday for our Builders meeting on the weekend, so get to it or get left out.

These are going to be Color Laser Printed and laminated, and available at-cost (I'll let you know what that is when they're done) to everyone. I know I'm looking forward to having one on my wall, I hope you guys are too.. Cool

regards

Brett

(p.s. hey, I just realised. *I'm* not in it !! Shocked does anyone have any photos of yours truly from the event ?)

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:17 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'll email you my picture tonight Brett.

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:58 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

I realy need to get a good pic of my bot some day while it's assembled lol

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:29 pm 
Karmond

Brett I think you were the only person who took a photo of me. Smile Doesn't matter though, I don't really have my heart set on being in the poster. Very Happy

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:05 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Yes, unfortunately my Digital Camera seemed to barf when I totally filled up the CF card, and there were quite a few (around 10) photos that I remember taking that it just didnt have in it when I copeied them out later.

I've noticed on occasion when taking a pic that sometimes the number-of-shots-left counter doesnt always go down by 1. sometimes it stays the same, sometimes it jumps by 2. I always presumed that it was something to do with the variable jpeg compression possible on different pictures and that the shots-left counter was an estimate based on ram-left. but maybe it's got a bug or two in it - this is the first time its lost photos, but also the first time I filled it up (120+ hi res photos).

So while I tried to get photos of everyone towards the end of the meet, there were some that arent there (including me !). If you'd like to be in it and have a pic, I'm happy to include it, even its not an actual pic of you-from-the-event, since the idea of the poster was to capture all the people who have been working to help get combat-robotics to where it was at the annihlator event, and you're definitely one of those people.

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:12 am