www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

T2M Team vertex
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

Photos

Funky new wheel end caps made from some old cutting board (Nylon)

The old rubber removed to just show the plastic wheels and rubber glue.

I found my big lump o steelz0r I was working on for an Anti-Jolt bar (Based on the Hellfire Labs design used on Sidewinder, except mines built over kill) just before RoboWars 3.... It'll be close on weight, but it should fit with some cutting and grinder sessions Razz

FEAR MY 3KG OF ANTI-JOLTZ0R-NESS Laughing Laughing

The Angular Leverage Device (ALD) is designed to go between Jolts wedges and the bar, hopefully resulting in one of four out comes:
1. Jolt hits the angled bar and flips over. YAY!
2. The bar goes up Jolts wedge, the spinning blade comes around and the extreme forces sheers the wedge off Jolt.
3. Same situation as before, except Jolt's wedge doesn't break and stalls the weapon or bends the titanium bar Laughing Then I can pushy bot his ass around!
4. Jolt hits the bar and both T2M and Jolt are thrown across the arena, in which case, we repeat the process until Jolt finally dies Razz

Thank god this little bar is modular, because it would be useless again Vertical Limits, Orbit or Reboot, so I'll have to come up with the Stainless Leverage Wedge (SLW) Which will use the vertical spinners own energy to lift/ throw themselves up into the air... if it works Rolling Eyes Only a theory for now....

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:27 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Hmm, I' not sure all those options will happen, particularly 2 & 3, as the wedge is really low nowadays, or perhaps I can take it off for the matches with taller bots like T2M. Option 5, "Jolt hits the bar and both T2M and Jolt are thrown across the arena until Jolt accidentally rips a wheel off T2M" sounds the most likely Laughing Nice chunky bar though!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Option 5 is currently:

5. Nick gets lucky off a rebound and takes the outter dual wheel off. Which instantly activates the custom "Aggressive & Not So Forgivin" rambot mode with bonus Jolt air time Wink

Anyway! BACK TO THE FUTU....SHED!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:00 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Gutsy effort overvolting the winch motors using an IBC even with fan cooling, but as I recall T2M could use a bit more speed.
Personally I think horizontal thwack bots are a really good strategy.
What would you say to a tug of war grudge match with Bane? Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:14 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

A gutsy effort, but I'm going to be mounting 40amp thermal breakers on the motors when running 18v. I'd rather sit there for 10seconds waiting for the thermals cool off then sit there watching the smoke pouring out of the poor IBC.

Anyway, I've been busy in the shed and have the bar mounted off one point at the moment, only have two more mounting points to make and weld them all up. But that will have to wait cause I have to go and fix the blow water hose on the back of my Silvia motor. Looks like the fuel injection and intake assembly has to be shifted to do it.... Mad

Picture time!

Wonder what Andrew will say when he has a look at T2M now Laughing

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:49 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Quick weigh in. ~14kg with the bar, just as planned. Now for a grinder session to take out about 1kg of pipe from the bottom of the bar and add some small supports in there. I might be able to take a little more out and allow T2M to run the 18v pack with the ALD in place Twisted Evil

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:22 pm 
andrew

looking impressive there aaron.

I have always lurved Y@m, something bout phat wheels and drive power that appeaks to me.

SHould be a very tough and interesting robot to face.

Just hope IBC doesnt pack up

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:41 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Street sign pole?

An anti-jolt bar might work better if it was made out of plate. It might be too hard to catch the spinner on the rounded edges. But the tube would be stronger. I'll make a flat one for Avenger and we'll see which one works best.

Also I think you'll be cutting to bottoms of the tubes first so the wedge extends right to the ground so it'll work against Wonky and IG's thwacking as well.

I wonder if your vertical spinner flipper is the same idea I came up with.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:49 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'm not sure what the pipe is from, but it's 3mm walled and 60mm diameter.

The idea for the SLW is a pivoted wedge with an upper lip. The body of the wedge deflects the spinner up into the upper lip which uses the force from the spinner to push the wedge back over the pivot point and the low half of the wedge, which should be under the spinner will lift up and give a little flip.

The idea is that Reboot, Vertical Limits and now Orbit all have there drives up the front, so if I can hit them head on and get there spinner to make my wedge lifter them up 20mm into the air, there drives should come off the ground a bit and that will 'hopefully" allow me under then for a nice ramming into the wall. No idea if it will work properly, But I'll find out when it's made.... I also had an idea for clamping the weapons on Orbit and VL @ high speed, but I'm not sure if I have time to build and test such a device Evil or Very Mad

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:02 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

60mm you say? From the photos, that makes the apex around 100 to 120mm high. Perhaps I will be able to test the concept at our build day...

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:32 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Yep, the Apex is roughly 120mm Smile

It's now back to 13kg too Laughing That extra left over weight lets me run the 18v packs in the featherweights instead of just the Lightweights Razz More photos!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:38 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Fired up the stick welder today with a 15amp lead (I can now weld for longer then 5seconds without tripping the power reset...) And finished off the Angular Deflection Device.... While I was getting high from the Zinc oxide fumes from the gal steel, I had some ideas for the second wedge attachment. Will work on them later on...

Anyway, photo time!

Now just need the IBC in and finish the wiring. Add some new tread to the tyres and have a weeks driving practise Razz

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:41 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Thermal cutout box completed. T-connectors added to 12v packs and are currently getting cycled up.

Just gotta wire up the TW power switch, retread the wheels and install the SpekTrum.

Thermal Box: http://aaron.botclips.net/images/t2m/IMG%20516.jpg

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:40 pm 
assassin

Did you get a Spectrum? Razz DX6, cost?

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:19 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Nick (Original Carnage) has been soooooooo kind and is allowing me to borrow his Spektrum Cool I just gotta pick it up tomorrow from Goombungi Razz

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:59 pm