www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Pinscher - Machine Head - Vic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

lol will i recieve the weekly pinscher newsletter with that as well Very Happy . im always up for some videos, just watch out or i might start sending you some cobra CDs Razz

i actually reckon that would be a great idea, to make up a little cd for each robot with videos, event details, specifications and all the other whoo-ha. hmmm...

as for words? well im not sure, the keros used enter sandman in all its glory and i think thats the best video ive seen to date. oh yes and NiN for the soundtrack = beautiful!

if you get FTP explorer (google search yields the link) that is nice and self explanitory, getting the server space is the problem.

btw welch, if you mean battle beach video 5 - that is my favourite song Very Happy if only i knew who sung it arghh.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
as for words? well im not sure, the keros used enter sandman in all its glory and i think thats the best video ive seen to date. oh yes and NiN for the soundtrack = beautiful!

Yeah they did well on that. Thats not what I am doing myself but.
Have done some stuff with video before so just having fun with it and going overboard, its very tight with the music, has an opener and has crowd reaction sounds at times which adds something to it.

Song is called (March of the pigs) if you know your NIN

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:35 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

A new idea for the mounting of the angle grinders has me getting the dremmel out and trimming gaps out of the frame to add a new component to the drivetrain.

So far have the grinders mounted on one side each with 2 sides left to do.
The idea came out of something I was considering doing to my car to stiffen the front end.
Basically am connecting a rod between the top of the angle grinders using the top holes.

On a car this part goes between the suspension system mounts and goes over the motor. Its a performance part, dont know its name but.
Anyways its a different solution to just mounting them seperate but could give it something new.
It should stiffen up the robots shoulders and still give it a bit of give.

Major fluke that it will fit as its looking fairly tight in their but its a solution and goes with the rest of the auto theme of the drivetrain.
Its also another piece of shiny metal to add to the robots guts because everyone likes robots guts. Very Happy

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:34 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

yeah we all love robot guts *mumbles under breath* strewn accross the arena floor Laughing

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:11 am 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Just as long as the robots dont drop their guts, everything else is acceptable.

My biggest fear is getting chewed up and spat out because I've lost radio control. As long as i have control i dont really care much. Cant really afford to care with so many destructive robots about to come out of their secret workshops. Cool

Made some new motor mounts with cutting board to replace the big U bolt and clamps and has worked out a treat. Just one piece a side, the gearbox slides in and is secured with a hoseclamp on the motor as per before.

Also found some paint and sprayed Pinschers snout black. Its looking very dog like and have started tinkering with some ears which make it look very wolfy and at attention.

Hopefully will get a good feeding of your robots guts soon. (insert howl here).

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:23 pm 
andrew

well at the ahnialator when u were stuck with either Rat or Fragmentor i could do nothing but laugh when pincher lifted itself off the ground and started biting his motor and wheel. was very amusing. I really wanted u to chomp and tear it out but oh well Smile.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:56 am 
Waddy the phoenix

lol yeah Pinscher is pritty cool

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:51 am 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Finisished the stabilising bar today. Found an O ring spanner that was the right distance between the holes and had to pound it with a hammer for ages till one end bent back to mirror the other end.
Bolted it on and the body became more rigid between the wheels. Time will tell if this is a good idea as so far have tried to make things a bit loose.
Good thing is it comes off realy easy but think its gonna stay.

Found the perfect ears last night in the safety gurad from an angle grinder.
Took one and cut it in half ending up with 2 pieces, quarter circle from the side with a lip around the curved part. Looks so much like dogs ears and are powder coated black so fits in with the rest.

Working out how to mount them so they bend and flicker, probably will use rubber. They have to bend down when inverted and stay on when hit.
Have positioned them further back down the neck and it makes it look like it has a bigger mouth, its looking very different.

Ears are not just for looks. They are positioned in an area that the actuator can move out between them. THis was always a bit vulnerable so at least theres a bit of metal to protect the actuator from side impacts.

And finally threw some more colour onto it. Sprayed some orange inside the bottom jaw at the front fading to the white in the back of the jaws. THe top is mainly Black at the front fading to white at the back. Makes it easy to see the components and gives it a bit of character.

Have to decide on what motors to use next as the ones at present give out a bit of light so trying to decide on a motor and a suitable votage.

I think its a bit funny that some talk about power and destruction and I am off talking about freakin ears Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:14 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Bloody hell you have a creative imagination Very Happy

What will you think of next Laughing

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:21 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Maybe a wagging tail for the back of it which can be used as a selfrighter..... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:23 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

LOL no makeing EMP"S out of plasma balls.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:39 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

What would happen if you break the glass ball on one of those things? Cool

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:40 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Funny you mentioned that as the only time it did a self right was when its tail/aerial got stuck abit giving it some leverage.
So theres something in the tail that can be worked on to do this maybe.

Actually Aaron it was Torque2me that inspired Pinschers tail. It reminded me of a wagging tail so copied the way it behaved using the end of a fishing rod sleeved in a thick rubber tube.

There is one weird idea i have had for Pinscher and that was an animated tongue. Have this thought of a cable sticking out of its mouth with an end on it with spikes. EG speedo cable. and have this attached to a motor which would make it spin.
Probably would not do much unless it got inside your robot and spin around in your wires but it would sure look neat. Anyway thats just a thought, doubt will do it.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:43 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

If pinscher is now a dog then.

Make sure you clean up its batterys after each match Cool

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:52 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
There is one weird idea i have had for Pinscher and that was an animated tongue. Have this thought of a cable sticking out of its mouth with an end on it with spikes

I dont know about this one George. Being tongued to death does not sound like something that would be in a G-Rated event report.. Shocked

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger