www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Mr Kerrison's Inventor Tutorials

Author    Thread
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Mr Kerrison's Inventor Tutorials

As most of you know, last year I became a teacher. I teach technology and managed to get most of the students to draw something in Inventor, although I was getting tired of having to repeat instructions to each of the students because they couldn't understand how to use the program (because they were too busy chatting during my demonstrations). So this year I am making step-by-step videos that they can follow instead of asking me the same question 10 times.
But I'm not sure if my videos are easy to understand, so I'm going to test them out on you lot. I'll begin with the first week of my grade 7 class, "How to Make the Program Work". And then I'll try to tutorials for the other 3 assignments once they are done.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5_zLMHdfALzawn5FoYebQ16kh392sSoP
Let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks.

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:52 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I found them easy to understand. I had to go back in video 4 to check how you set the dimensions and position of the circle on the rectangular prism. I liked the way you started by explaining how to set it up step by step. Your students should be able to follow you.

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Ok, good. I feel I tend to rush in class because in my mind it is a simple program. I've done a few extra videos for drawing a Pokeball, which was what all the boys wanted to draw for their 3D printing exercise. I just need to do a few for dropping the model into a drawing. And then I need to show how to draw and assemble a laser cut clock and a CO2 dragster. I guess I have 20 or 30 more videos to do.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:17 pm 
ThomasMaloney

It's teachers like you that really need to be commended more often I think. Not everyone would take the trouble to go and video down their solutions and tutorials for drawing stuff this way. I hope that your kids at least appreciate the amount of effort that you've put into this to educate them! You should at least ask the school to increase your pay for this or something! Haha!

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 pm