www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

NSWRFC Marayong Season X Round 1 - Feathers - February 16th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Author    Thread
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

No Scissorhands - I had a few distractions over the last week or two Sad. Glen was there with Demon, but his TZ85A weapon controller blew a few seconds into his first match - was most disappointing!

My HD video of Catastrophy VS Roadkill with slow-mo: http://www.nswrfc.org/Nick/Catastrophy_Roadkill.mp4

720P version (quicker download!) http://www.nswrfc.org/Nick/Catastrophy_Roadkill_low.mp4

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:12 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah that was a bit disappointing, BUT, always with the way with modifying and improving, something down the chain will always break lol i guess that was the controller since installing the new battery. But oh well such is the way it goes!

Definitely will install a bigger weapon motor in it next time Cool

But a fun little way of easing ourselves back into featherweights. We were all bound to be a little rusty lol, Catastrophe went just awesomely however and the two wedges wedged away reliably Razz

Got some okayish footage on the gopro but the mic inside the arena sounds great. I'll edit that up tommorow Smile

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
miles&Jules
Experienced Roboteer

Surprised with the tz dying, how many cells in that lipo Glen?

-Pickasso- Vivid Sportsman champion 2015

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:38 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

6 cells, it got frighteningly hot at full power spinups though so i reduced the belt tension, but apparently not enough to save it lol. Need a setup that draws less current overall, plenty of weight and room for a bigger motor so that's the go me thinks!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Love the HD of that fight Nick! Twisted Evil
I am proud to be the first person in aus to kill a botbiz 85A too Laughing In that impact it was so violent that an inductor ripped off one of the controllers... possibly fixable but it's likely other damage was caused. Rolling Eyes

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I am well impressed with the new camera - the Canon HF G10 is a 'prosumer' model that was missing many features of the vastly more expensive models. This was its 2nd outing and first video edit, so the quality will hopefully get better as I learn all the tricks of using it. I will do the other fights in 720p to save upload time.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

I saw you with that camera, looks sexy, forgot to ask you about it Smile Downloading now

Event went great, boy it was nice to have the weapon working reliably! As predicted, I can now focus on refining some of the other rough aspects of the robot, such as the drives - broke another drill and unscrewed a wheel - btw for those watching me make reapairs, it was the *other* wheel, not the one I put on during the day Razz and needs a chopping board slider or something under the nose to improve the low gyro effect handling. It basically handles like Demon with the disc going as can be seen in the vids, but such is the way of vert spinners. BTW its roughly 600g underweight also, can use this weight in frame stiffening braces... or maybe a counterrotating gyro flywheel, much lighter than the disc but spinning at a zillion rpm, to lessen the gyro effect - concept stolen from Glen? Hehe. Can find further weight by making lightweight lids, current ones are 2.5mm steel cos that's all I had laying around.

Also need to redo the wiring and find my own power switch - Glen dont forget I've got your whyachi switch - and grab another battery as the charge times were right up there, 3 minutes of fighting a wedge took a fair bit out of the battery.

I'll try to get the paint job fixed up before the next event too Smile

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Nice video there Nick! Loved the slowmo replay Smile

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks, this is where a 2nd high speed camera would come in handy. Next time, I will try something fancier Smile

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:02 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

That's a dang nice camera, footage is so smooth and clear Shocked

Here's the gopro one with the mic inside the arena. I dunno why gopro quietens the mic input so heavily but whatever - hope its okay ('scuse the video, its hard keeping it steady and pointed when theres no viewfinder XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtnG2b-z1E&feature=youtu.be

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Next time, remind me to bring my GoPro or just the LCD backpack - with 2 matched cameras, we could edit some good clips together Smile. Perhaps I can do something with the sound as well - I have a very small mixer console that we can run the mic to, then split out a line to several cameras. Its not really doing anything at home, so I could leave it set up in the arena.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 am