www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

the one stop shop for info on most stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

the one stop shop for info on most stuff

i got this idea when i was browsing through all the threads every one had created over time and thought there has got to be an easyer way to find the basic stuff (the ultamate is good but the newbies look at it and still don't understand much i know it took me a while to figure some stuff out and i'm still in the dark)you want without reading pages of stuff newbies woulden't under stand (like me Laughing )

so people who have questions lookhere or put them here with out clogging up the forum if they arn't

also to veteren bot builders who will enevertably have to answer these please keep it simple Smile

thanks
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Last edited by Big AL on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:25 pm 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

while on that note could some one explane the pros, consand weapon specs of the "standed" weapons most robot have as well as some of the more....unsusual weapons

thanks
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:30 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Here is our place with answers to most questions for newbies We dont realy need any more threads .Iff you cant find what you are looking for just post a question under the appropriate heading on the forum or in general chat http://robowars.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:34 pm 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

yeah but newbies arnt really going to understand what and ICB or SLA (what are they anywhy i know there batterys but thats it) and to find out the have to read all diffrernt pages and end up not under standing what they are looking at. like i said the ultamate guide is good but i had to get a bit of under standing of all the tech stuff before i understood much of it

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:41 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well ask in already active threads or ask members for a chat in the chat room or msn SLA/s are Sealed Lead acid Batteries

The IBC is a Brand name for a robot controler its short for Intergrated Bot Controler ( bot being short for robot )
Aslo you have already started 2other threads that you could have asked these questions in .

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:52 pm 
Windhammer

SOMEBODY STOP THIS MAD MAN BEFORE HE DROWNS US IN HIS POSTS Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:05 am 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

i knew about the icb and wind hammer i thought it was a good idea because the experts don't explane stuff clear enough sometimes and i haven't posted in a while that was uncalled for.

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:09 am 
Windhammer

can you call me by my real name not (wind hammer)

please

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:12 am 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

alrigh then but were getting off the subject a bit arn't we

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:23 am 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Keep asking questions. This site has been helpful http://www.robotcombat.com/tips.html A little more advanced http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:32 am 
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

this is what i was getting at sites and tips from the experts to help all the newbies but if the are looking for a weapon type that would sute them to find the pros and cons it would be hard but to find it out from people who have used them and get info off them it would give them some idea.

anyhow what are you fave weapons and what are the pros, cons and a description on weight, length, driven by eta. i know there was a post like this a while back but i'v lost track of it .

ps thanks for the link Very Happy

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:25 am 
Woody

Here's another link for you ...

http://www.teamkiss.com/builder.htm

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Welcome to the forums Woody, glad to see your still about in the community since Onslaught's retirement. Cool

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:36 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ok al this is something that you will eventually learn. dont worry about specs when your starting out and dont worry about weird names and things and if you ever come accross something that you realy realy have to know stick it in google and go through and if you find 3 sites that say the exact same thing then there you are you now know your answer this sport you cannot learn from texts at all to start with cause it will seem all like what the hell are they on about you will learn a lot just by going through the old posts trust me. and as it has been said go through and get peoples msn they will be more then happy to talk to you that way as its harder to explain in the forums for some reason.

to answer your question about specs on weopons and that its easy cause there are too many variables like heat speed traction voltage weight resistance and areodinamics

there is no specific answer that relates to any one weopon as even 2 spiners for example basilysk and anniolation have compleetly diferant setups so the impacts are diferent and the speed is differant there is nothing that will work exactally the same probably the only thing you could get for weopon specs exactally the same is a wedge but to get exact specifications are very time consuming and almost not worth doing at all.

the best way is just trial and error

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:40 pm 
Woody

@Aaron ..... http://www.teamonslaught.fsnet.co.uk/ka-pow.html

Post Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger