www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

NSW Season 8 - 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Author    Thread
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I never meant to be devicive here, I know I present my opinions strongly and sometimes it comes across as a bit personal, I never meant to upset anybody or cause unnecessary delay, All I have wanted from the outset is the best arena we can get.

At the last event and at the arena meeting we all decided we liked a hex arena, I personally feel its going to give the best experience for the audience and the competitors, I'm happy to put my time and effort where my mouth is and build it. I'm not demanding any assistance from anybody in its construction, I enjoy making stuff and would be happy to build it for the club.

If the hex arena is no longer whats desired then that's fine too, I'll help build any arena you guys decide on and I'll butt out of the design so you can "just get on with it" without me pestering the details. I won't be upset by this so you guys feel free to decide it with a clear conscience.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

*clambers out of the nuclear fallout*

Well helloes again people XD

It may be a month late but heres a compilation video from the last event as promised. Learning vegas pro took a bit longer then i thought, but what a great program for editing ^.^

Enjoy!.. well except for Jake, i still cant remember your robots name XD make more memorable robots dammit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNpylF7g8o

On the subject of youtube i wanna redo that channel all nicely, and remove some of the crappy fights that only have a handful of views, and keep it full of compilation vids, tv segments and all that kind of thing, with a couple of our more extraordinary fights on it.

BUTTT youtube changed their policy lately so you cant have more than one account per email, so handily i havent been getting notified of people commenting and messaging the nswrfc youtube account. SIGH..

Does anyone have a generic NSWRFC email registered already thats not linked to a youtube account currently and that could be? NSWRFC is taken already on gmail so that idea is out.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I'll make one for demon50's
nswrfc (insert the at symbol here) demon50s (here is a dot w00000t) com

It redirects to your glen email address at the same host.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Very nice video glen! Good footage and nicely put together, gives it a great fun feeling, nice work Smile

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Ok guys here's where I am with all this ... stuffs.

I've got far too much uni and other work going on right now to cad up a whole new arena design, regardless of if it's simpler or better. I figure that while we shouldn't 'stop' working towards making a beetle weight arena, we're all overlooking a fairly simple solution to the current problem...
What would people say, Jeff's input included, if we spent a day giving his backyard/arena and 'areas used during events' a serious overhaul and clean up? To me, I've had some awesome times at past events and there's no reason we can't keep having a great time as long as Jeff doesn't mind us invading every few months... The fact that we've let his backyard lapse doesn't help when the few visitors pop around and see such a mess... I would love to be able to put up posters around my uni and actualy INVITE people I know are keen to an event, even if its small, that is well presented.

Make sense? Rolling Eyes I won't pull the 'too far' card on this one either, i'll make the trek. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

not a bad idea

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:00 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

.... anyone else? Feel like i'm kinda talkin to myself now, apart from jaemus. Embarassed

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm 
andrew

sounds good to me

just need to set it up with Jeff and give us enough

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by andrew:
sounds good to me

just need to set it up with Jeff and give us enough

Secondededed.

Some inspiration -

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Awesomes... how old is that pic Glen XD looks before my time! Shocked I'm sure it won't take more than a few hours to restore his backyard into its former 'splendor'. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

That was the 2004 Annihilator/TagTeam event Cool

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:03 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I went to a meeting or the R2 builders club yesterday - they seem to be a well organised and competent bunch of builders. Dave Everret is still keen for us to do a display at their Sci-Fi event in Chatswood on April 8th - any takers? They are also keen to come to the next event and they are fully capable of building ants and beetles immediately - someone needs to publish an event calendar.

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Interesting, i'd totally forgotton about that! Not sure if i'll be around but if I am i'm keen. Don't really have any impressive robots currently though. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 am 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

I've mentioned the idea of the Sci Fi event to Jeff. So hopefully he does end up going. Jaemus and I are camping again that weekend. I also don't have a very pretty robot to show. I think Glen's beetle and feather, or Nick's feather would be the best looking robots in the NSW field.

I will speak to Jeff about the tidying up thing when I call him.

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah id like to go Smile have to tart up demon a bit after the last smashing haha, looks a little worse for wear XD. i still have cobra under the table in its smashed apart glory.

Is there a website or anything for this? r2 builders club sydney didnt throw anything obvious up Smile

quote:
That was the 2004 Annihilator/TagTeam event Cool

sure was. good times. good times Very Happy takes the cake for coldest event ever too!

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am