www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

RoboWars 6 "System Smash" - Jan 17 & 18 - 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

ahh remembered my login Smile just added mine up there.

no access to the robowars one for i either Smile oh and btw brett just disregard the 30 user requests i probably sent Laughing

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Two things, first is anyone driveing from brisbane? I already have plane tickets just cant take everything in my suitcase and its find someone to give it a lift or aust post.
Next what rules are we useing and more to the point what dose it say on clustors these day. I relized I started building without checking this fact just guessing it was the same as it ever was O.O

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:03 pm 
seanet1310

http://www.robowars.org/info-rules.html im fearly sure contains the rules. just checking i did not notice anyting about cluser bots but i only looked for a second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Its been a while since I looked at the multi/cluster bot rules..

the main one I xxx(thought I could) remember that is important was that if 50% of the robot *by weight* is immobilised, that counts as a knockout.

**see next message for correction **

So both robots have to be weighed seperately on the way into the arena, and if the heavier one dies, *both* lose.

So the trick with a cluster bot would seem to be have the heavier one as the hard-to-kill brick or wedge, with the lighter bot as the weapon or sacrifical bot..

Or build a triple bot Smile then you have to kill 2 out of 3 (assuming equal weight) to win

Last edited by Spockie-Tech on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

** Correction to previous message **

http://www.botleague.net/doc/rfl-match-rules-0-03.pdf

I just double checked on those rules, and 2.8.8 says that *all* segments of a multi bot must be knocked out to be dead. Does anyone know if this has been changed recently ?

If not, then Tims Multibot could well be quite competitive.. Smile

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:38 pm 
seanet1310

Brett. you had rules for the "RFL Standard Match Rules" that appears to be the newest version of that.
The 2008 rules don't appear to mention multi-bots http://www.botleague.net/doc/RFLTechRegs-2008-01.pdf that or i missed it

i had nothing to do so started reading that link to the rbf rules Brett posted
"2.6. Match Frequency
A Combatant is allowed no less than 40 minutes (20 minutes for 150g, 1 lb and 3 lb classes)"
we run off 30min currently don't we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

I think we decided that all sections of Multi Bots had to be knocked out as far as a pair of Feathers in a lightweight comp.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:55 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

@sean - The Tech-Regs are different to the Match-Rules. The Tech regs describe the construction, the match regs describe the fight.

Yes, we have run to the 30 min rule so far. I wonder if it was increased to 40 to allow for slower charging lipo batteries ? Or perhaps the just got more bots - Does a majority think that 40 min is a better idea ? Why ?

@Gary - I'm happy with that. It seems like it would encourage more clusters to me, which isnt a bad thing.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:55 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

does anyone know off hand if the marayong and robowars scales differ by much? have a feeling mine is going to be excedingly close to 13.6kg Razz be nice to know if theres a bit of a buffer weight wise i should get it down to

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:42 pm 
Sidetracked

Hi all - long time no chat.
For those interested - the arena will start to be prepared from this week. At this point I would say that people wanting to trial in the arena can do so from the Thursday before the event.

Look forward to seeing you all.
Mark

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:43 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Sorry Glen missed your post and only noticed it as I read Marks message.

The scales we use are a set of my refrigerant scales.

I think they weigh slightly lighter than Battelshed.

If you are right on there you will definitely be OK at Sidetracked.

Gives me an advantage having the event scales as I build, up to the drilling holes in wheels stage with MiniMower. Smile

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:44 am 
Collo

Our bot isnt finished yet so dad and me will be there to watch, see what all the other bots look like and how badly we willl lose in our first fight Confused

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:25 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

thanks gary, have removed a bit more since so thats a relief Smile

collo, keep on with the building effort, alot of the time things go faster then youd think Cool if you dont get it done my wedgebot doesnt have a driver yet if you want to have a go

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:03 pm 
Collo

yeah im hoping that the bot will be finished faster then i think...because its annoyinging me just sitting there in the garage never working.

Im thinking i will bring it in the boot and get ideas or help from builders if they have spare time, coz im thinking of building this, more or less, as a draft then getting metal cut properly and some box steel for a stronger frame.

Glen: do you mean just driving between fights or competing...im not sure how good i would be since i have only ever driven with pistol style remotes, plus i would feel pretty bad if i ruined someone elses work....but if u really want someone else to have a drive Twisted Evil Cool

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:52 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

lol cool, its a pistol grip transmitter on it now anyway, its just like a giant rc car Wink . shouldnt worry too much about it getting ruined its pretty tough Surprised

def bring the robot with you too, nothing is more inspiring design wise then seeing all the different types of robot in front of you.

and any nsw thinking of coming still the XPT is only $69 econo and $88 first class. not bad at all

anyone got any plans for friday? we'll be there v. early friday morning Smile

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 pm