www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Rules, Safety, Administration

How many bots can one person enter ?

Author    Thread
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

How many bots can one person enter ?

Yes how many bots can one person enter as im thinking of once i finish my 25kg bot to biuld a 12kg bot can i compete with both in one comp?

Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:26 pm 
colin

like all these rule questions: it depends on the event.
Very Happy

Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:26 pm 
andrew

ditto on what tim said above. I plan to either keep scrap together and build 2 more 12 kg bots or to scrap, scrapafter this series of marayong and build 2 new robots. can i compete with both during the day or can i compete sometimes with my second bot and somebody else use it the other times or what. I am just a bit weary of the exact ruling on this controversioal subject.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:46 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Our plan at the moment is to allow *1* robot per weight class per driver.

So teams can enter as many robots as they like, provided they have a seperate driver for each robot. We do not want a situation to arise where a driver is responsible for multiple bots and can choose which bot they wish to progress with and forfeit the other one.

Additionally (a bit more complicated), we are considering allowing a team to list "backup drivers" for a robot, but if one of the backup drivers listed is also the "primary" driver for another robot, they will NOT be eligible to drive the robot they are listed as backups for, unless their primary robot has been eliminated.

Does that make sense ? I'll give an example..

Gary enters as the primary driver for Fragmentor...
Matt enters as the primary driver for MiniMower and the backup driver for Fragmentor..
If Minimower gets eliminated, Gary can then hand Fragmentor over to Matt from then on, but NOT while Minimower is still in the competition.

So if Tim or Andrew want to enter multiple bots in a competition in the same weight class, you can, but you will need a friend to drive them for you until/unless your primary bot gets knocked out at which point you can kick your (soon to be "ex" I suspect) friend off the controls and take over.. Laughing

How does that sound to people ?

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

As long as we don't end like team Whyachi. At the NPC Charity Open they entered 9 robots with 35 team members!!!! That almost 4 team members per robot.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

I am building one 25kg bot and one 12kg bot can i drive both in one comp myself?

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:47 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

A little OT, but Tim, must you start every one of your new threads with a title thats all in caps? Kinda gets a bit annoying. . .

ffej.net

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by HELL BENT!:
I am building one 25kg bot and one 12kg bot can i drive both in one comp myself?

Yes

Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

whats the go with this ruling still is it still followed at robowars?

i only have one transmitter for the two robots so either way if they are drawn together one will have to forfeit so would prefer to drive them both myself Smile

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Yes, this rule is still current.

If you have to forfeit because you lack a driver, transmitter or other parts, then you cannot enter two bots. The two bots have to be capable of fighting each other.

Sorry, but if this rule wasnt enforced people could enter multiple partial robots and just go with whichever one had the easier path to the finals

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

cool will find a spare roboteer with a transmitter then Cool

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:01 am