RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Sydney TVS television show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Bort:
What we'll do is do a whole bunch of filming with the next event and try and edit that with some commentary and music. See how we go with that.
Be careful not to infringe copyright. You should speak to ARIA before you add music to something you are going to broadcast.

You might want to work out a plan of how you want your program to run. You don't have to be too precise just to the nearest 30 seconds or so. You should plan what you want to shoot for cut aways at this time.

Don't be afraid to change your plans after you review your wild reel. Keep in mind that a program must entertain the audience or they will switch off.

Programs must have clear audio. Broadcasters will let the occasional blurry shot or poorly lit piece of footage slide by, but they will dump you quickly if the sound is distorted or muddy.

Lots of planning at the front end can sae hours of pain in post production.

Have fun.

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:57 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Philip Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by Bort:
What we'll do is do a whole bunch of filming with the next event and try and edit that with some commentary and music. See how we go with that.
Be careful not to infringe copyright. You should speak to ARIA before you add music to something you are going to broadcast.

Not wanting to boast anything but I could supply my own music... royality free Very Happy
Plus I could configer it for lengths, intensity etc etc

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:01 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

can you do anything other than techno?

robot wars seems to me to scream for old school rock ;->

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

lol Unfortunately it's all computer based... I don't sing or play guitar...
my dad does though... he might be interested. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

computer can play guitar.

/me tries to imagine angus's dad rocking out......

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

are you sure he could get enough time in between calling angus to rock out ;P

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

dude and i thaught i was harsh ;->

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:36 pm 
supagenius

I don't have any experience doing this sort of TV - all the stuff I do is drama. The closest I've come is NZ Perfect Match, NZ Funniest Home Videos and ABC's BackBerner. But if people are serious about it and want to meet and talk, I'm happy to help if I can.

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:51 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

I have also been slack on this front. I have a whole lot of nice High Definition 16:9 footage from various events, including Brisbane, but with Uni, then working during my break I have not had the hours to put in for decent editing.

On the music front, I have never been a fan of music on robot fights, I want to hear the robots and the crowd! I do think music is good for promo's, intro's etc, though it comes down to what an audience prefers.

At Uni we find that when we are after music for our films there are always bands and composers from all sorts of genres that are willing to do volenteer work, with the media industry a lot of people just want as much experience as possible for portfolios and are keen to get involved. (not discrediting your work Angus, just saying there is a whole range of music out there too)

Bort and I had a chat about it, and we will definately be putting some material together and approaching TVS, and see where we can go from there.

That said all the advice and help possible from everyone is appreciated and will be very useful, and once we get something together we will get it online for everyone to give feedback on!

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:21 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks Philip for the advice. You brought up an interesting point about sound quality, we'll need some mics. Possibly one in the arena. I was aware of music copyrights. My plan was to use some unlicenced music, or I have a mate thats in a Goth rock band.

Speaking of which I have already approached him, and he sounded interested. Just needs to get his band in on it. Alternately if they aren't interested/available then he could just turn out a few tunes. I must say his music taste is spot on. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Van Halen, Cold Chisel, etc...

Angus; I reckon you should come up with some music. Robot combat goes well with techno and rock. I had thought of the interview idea. I definite must I think. Not sure who'll conduct the whole the interview. Unfortunately its hard to tell who's got on screen talent for that sort of thing till its too late.

In regard to the music during fights I would like to see the same fight with both, then decide.

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:17 pm 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

I dont think we should have someone doing an interveiw, just the bot builder giving the stats and facts. Everyhting will need to be short and to the point to keep it flowing and interesting.

That or a hot scantily clad female doing the interveiws Razz Laughing

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:44 pm