Visual Robot Styling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM HELL BENT!:
How dark is the aena usuly?
As i am thinking of putting blue leds on my bot the ones that are as bright as those white led key ring torches.

Not very dark hopefully.. to get good video, you need *bright* lighting or the colors look all washed out. have a look at the Robowars highlights clip vs the Marayong ones. Thats the difference a 3 chip camera and bright lighting makes..

Blue Leds can still look good though, since they tend to be very directional, off from the side they dont show much, but when someone ends up looking directly down them, they sure can dazzle you.

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

We had 3 red spot light LED's under The Aggressor facing at the ground. They were the kind you buy from an auto shop with the LED in a holder with a lens on the end mounted on an adjustable holder. It looked really good when we tested the robot at night with the red glow under the robot, but it really wasn't bright enough to be seen in the arena. I beleive they were 2000mcd LED's.
Well I now have a pack of 100 x red 5000mcd LED's that I brought off Ebay for $15. I'll be putting a few on Adversary.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger