www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

RETURN OF THE 9.6v DRILL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

those motors look great, are those the ones without the fans?

they seem to be a little slower than a standard motor which is a good thing, the shaft looks a bit bigger too dont you reckon

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

$15 for 12V cordless drills at super cheap auto. Might be for this weekend only.

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:44 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Yeah, all "best buy" power tools for that matter, and cheapo hammers are only 1 buck ea! Got myself some for... experiments... Very Happy
But its odd, the 12v cordless i was messing around with in store seemed to be lacking speed control? Confused

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:03 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

the old kk2s never had speed control

Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Team Whyachi gearboxes in many different styles with replacement pinion gears and motors, for US$40.

http://banebots.com/osc/index.php?cPath=36&osCsid=39b0fb01b3d27c0bfc1c67d89a750c78

The Whyachi guys are slightly pissed off about it. But that is another problem with getting things made in China. You tell the manufacture that this is a copyrighted item and the gearbox is not to be sold to anyone else, but since the Chinese are very family orientated, they will, for example, don't quote me, give a sample gearbox to their brother-in-law as a present who happens to own an identical factory down the road, at no cost and therefore not breaking the contract which was written by the Chinese factroy owner. Next thing you know there are copies of your gearbox that are half the price all over the place and you can't do a thing about it.

But anyway, those are some damn nice looking gearboxes. And such a wide selection too.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:24 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

very! Does anyone who has experience in shipping gearmotors know how much i am to expect if i ordered a few?
$10. $20, $50? Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:28 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Damn thats cool, i can afford these motors, would it be worth upgrading from drill motors to some of these? Very Happy

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:12 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

Damn, there selling that stuff cheaper than I can buy samples from the suppliers . . . crap!, good thing I havent payed for them yet. They dont sell the bigger mini EV size ones through . . . hmm . . .

ffej.net

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
The Whyachi guys are slightly pissed off about it. But that is another problem with getting things made in China. You tell the manufacture that this is a copyrighted item and the gearbox is not to be sold to anyone else, but since the Chinese are very family orientated, they will, for example, don't quote me, give a sample gearbox to their brother-in-law as a present who happens to own an identical factory down the road, at no cost and therefore not breaking the contract which was written by the Chinese factroy owner. Next thing you know there are copies of your gearbox that are half the price all over the place and you can't do a thing about it.

I may have been seriously wrong here.
The guy who owns the Banebots store has been saying that they have been doing the design work for all 35 of these gearboxes and placed the first order from China before Team Whyachi released the news of their gearboxes. Looking at the time frames and the subtle differences in the gearboxes, I can fully believe this. Also the factory in China who is making the Banebots gearboxes is sending letters all over the place trying to get people to buy a few thousand gearboxes, like what Jeff was sent. These new gearboxes have absoloutly nothing to do with the team Whyachi gearboxes.
So sorry for the misinformation. Reading the Team Whyachi's very heated post about stolen designs and remembering all the stories about how American buisiness men always get ripped off in China, like the guy who lost $10 billion in 2 years, I kind of put 2 and 2 together, but got 3.

At least we can now buy them without a guilty conscience.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:21 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Dickies is clearing their stock of cordless car polishers once and for all... 14.60 and is below cost! Shocked LOL their worth it just for the battery packs! I'm interested in the gearbox they'd have too, so i got one... Smile
get some now! Razz

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:28 pm