www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Round 3 - Victorian Series - 16th July at SideTracked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author    Thread
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Good Luck Kheeroo
Just curious to know if it has become OK to have one driver enter multiple bots in the same event from now on. I gather thats what happened with minimower.

Sorry to ask but would like to know if our structure has changed or was that just for that event.

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

No. It was that I thought the since Reboot is basically Mini Mower 2 it could carry on with Mini's points from RoboWars 1. It'll only effect people by 0.1 points or so, so no one will change on the ladder much.
I'm still unsure if I enjoy doing this or not. Rolling Eyes

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Sorry about the Minimower sitch, We took Minimower to the event as a filler not intending to actually enter it but with Shem Moth David Doug and Tim letting the side down robot wise entries were well down on expectations, someone asked if we would enter Minimower to help with the show and the bye sitch, Naturally we were happy to help out.
We try to do the right thing by Barry and put on the best possible show.

As far as the Kerros ranking I cannot guarantee Minimower will stay retired. Rob loves driving it too much.
After ch 10 and the music clip gig not to mention the nsw annihilator I would just put him in a glass case but separating Reboot and Minimowers points is probably the way to go.
Kerros ranking doesn’t care who operates the robots so that’s not a problem George.
Powder puff and Killbot will definatly stay retired. Smile

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:31 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

ok, all done.

http://rankings.robowars.org

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Interesting that those of us who couldnt make the event are now classed as "letting the side down" - really makes you want to come again ?
enjoy

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:26 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

Thankyou

to kkeerroo's for the ranking updates. Your mathematical calculations are much appreciated by some Smile lm still gob smacked at your near perfect visualization of the event tree for round 3, with just the posts to go on. Thats impressive.

Thankyou also to the builders unable to make the last event, who phoned to advise us by the 11.30am registration deadline. We had two new builders who turned up unable to compete, but were more than happy to assist us with the running of the event and did so - Sincere thanks to Shem and friend!.

Mel
xo

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:07 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Ok moth I am probably out of line saying what I did, I am probably more than a little uncomfortable with the position the Minimower entry caused and I was trying to blame others. Embarassed

Reopening the driving multiple bot debate, Making extra work for the Keros, and a couple of other angles that I don’t won’t to go in to publicly.

Sufficient to say that if I had my time over we would have found someone else to drive Minimower.
We would defiantly have been prepared to enter it, not to enhance our chances of winning but in the interests of putting on the best possible show for sidetracked.
I look forward to the day when we have enough active competitors to put on a good entertaining show and a totally fair competition for the entrants, we are very close and as long as I have not offended anyone else too much potentially the next round of the Vic champs which is probably the last round for the year?
Any thoughts Brett or Mell?

So Ok I knew Doug was shifting, Tim was there Judging so was Shem and his Team mate and David slaved over Syphilis all day in the pits just to get it out in front of the crowd, just to blow up his controller when a tiny sliver of swarf shorted his motor controller.
He also did an excellent job of announcing which convinced me that it is really nice to have an announcer who knows what he is talking about.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:16 pm 
Mel
Site Admin

quote:
I look forward to the day when we have enough active competitors to put on a good entertaining show and a totally fair competition for the entrants, we are very close and as long as I have not offended anyone else too much potentially the next round of the Vic champs which is probably the last round for the year?
Any thoughts Brett or Mell?

Rotwang forgive me. l have yet to thankyou for your efforts towards the last event regarding Minimower. Twas not for this contribution, further problems would have arisen. You have offended no-one with a fighting and honorable spirit and l would like to thankyou for your efforts and reliability.

l too look forward to the day when there are enough competitors to rely on for such an event.

We are considering having only one further round this year, yes.

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:53 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Vincent - suffered from a last minute problem that resulted from me trying to get him there on time . After a friday night 1.30am rebuild he started to glitch the micro every 30 seconds . I worked on him till 9.30am saturday but then it became obvious that only a rebuild of the PRC would solve the prob . Of course I rang Brett at 9.30 so he knew i wasnt entering . If there wasnt robots eagerly waiting to destroy crippled robots - I would have entered him and tried to fix it on the fly . Left with the choice of seing my crippled robot destroyed or going to work to earn much needed money - I choose work and attended when I could .

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Moth, there is a simple solution. Come to Queensland. You are welcome at our events.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:52 pm