www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

TekniKunst Festival RoboWars exhibition - Melbourne 23 July

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

TekniKunst Festival RoboWars exhibition - Melbourne 23 July

Greetings All,

In 2 weeks time, RoboWars competitiors will be exhibiting their machines at an arts festival called "TechniKunst - Flesh vs Machine".

23 July - 11am - 4pm at "The Incinerator" Arts Complex in Moonee Valley.

Originally these guys were all keen to do a full live-event, trucking the SideTracked arena out and setting it up with lights sound etc, but because it is their first year, they could not secure the funding to do this, so it has become a "display only" event this time around.

There is plenty of room and a partitioned-off area to "demonstrate" robots that dont pose a safety hazard without an arena (non spinners), and they are very keen to make Robot Wars a recurring part of their yearly festival, and believe they will certainly have the funding to do a proper full competition event next time.

So if the idea of mounting your Robot on a "Plinth" (one of those arty white columns they put pottery and things on) and having a chin-wag about the socio-technological statement implied be a remote-controlled meat-cleaver and how it counterpoints the surrealism of the underlying metaphor, whilst surrounded by other wacky mechano-artistic creations appeals, then "come on down". Laughing

I have some interest from other Festivals and public organisations enquiring about doing live RoboWars shows at the moment (possibly something for you Queenslanders in the works too.. I'll let you know when I get more on that), so who knows where this will lead.. Its all good publicity though.

Heres the blurb from TechniKunst.

Any questions, give me a call, and after the event next weekend, make sure you give your bot a bit of polish and put its best bow-tie on.. Wink

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger