www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

The Next Event Dates

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

The Next Event Dates

You guys have probably noticed the 3 new topic headings in the announcements section..

The idea is that those topics are locked so only myself or a moderator can post in them (to stop general chatter from buring the information), and they will only contain one post. Information on when, where etc the next event in the relevant state is.

They will also contain a link to a "state specific information" thread where people can chatter about the upcoming event and post event reports and so on in it.

I have linked those three locked topics from the frontpage of www.robowars.org so any visitors to the website can simply click on the "next even in nsw" part and be taken straight to the locked section in the forum with the relevant info they want to see to come to the next fight.

from there if they want to, they can follow the link to the general chatter area.

So, to find out what happening when and where, all they need to do is go to www.robowars.org and pick their state, and not have to wade through the large volume of posts and stuff on the forum.

Good Idea ? (I thought so)

So, could a representative from each state please send me (PM or Email) the information they would like to have me post in their state area about the upcoming event, in the exact wording you want it to appear in. include addresses, times, phone numbers, entry fees, Map references, and any other relevant information you want people to see.

Also if there isnt one already, create a new topic in the state specific information area for people to chatter about the upcoming event and tell me which thread it is and I will inlcude a link to it from the announcement post.

The melboune one will be updated in the next day or so once I speak with Barry, so you other state guys, let me know. I think it will make it much easier for people to find out whats happening when.

Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Abregado

Good work son. Very Happy

Ill be getting to work on a "Junkyard" website soon enough, now that ive "settled" into a place in st kilda (settled for me mean that ill be in the same place for 2 weeks)

Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:08 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Can one of you Interstate guys please type up a short message detailing the next event as you would like it posted and get it to me pronto so I can make sure the links on the robowars home page point to some useful information ?

I know its all in the forum somewhere, but it can take some digging to find it for a newbie who just wants to know when/where the next action is..

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger