www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Transport to marayong now ,and in the future!

Author    Thread
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Transport to marayong now ,and in the future!

Hey guys! Just wondering how difficult, and how long it would take to catch the train to marayong from bondi junction station. I will have to change at town hall, but no probs there. I know some of you offered to pick me up from the station, but I am a little unsure if that would work well, especialy as I'll be carting around all that expensive, and heavy equipment, and parts. Smile Very Happy
I really want to get in at least one more build day before the first event of the year! Cool

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:55 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

i suggest you buy a good suit case ...thats not as silly as it sounds ,i picked up marshall from the airport for our 1st round last year and he had all his gear in one neat organised bag and that included his robot....
on battle days dont bring to much stuff as we all have most of the tools etc you would need .
try one of those bargan shops for cheap bags ,and even consider getting those ones with the wheels and the handle on them ...if your travelling by train you dont need to carry the bag to far anyway .....as for pickups at the station that shouldnt be a drama ...i do think it would be easier to get a train to blacktown i dont think it is to far from jeffs?? Very Happy i reckon if you were on a suburban from townhall at around 8am you will get to blacktown by around 8:45 am or so ring jeffs and your picked up in about 9am back at jeffs around 9:15 or 9:30 Wink ...the trick is to have everything sitting near the door the night before Wink

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:30 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ok well from bondi i believe it will take you about 1.5 hrs atleast 9it takes me about that to get from blacktown to chatswood so you would be best to leave early to be sure (atleast for the first few times to get to know how long it does take you) and yeha chris has the idea (im using the luggage case i got for melbourn to transport my bot at the moment and a backpack for tools and things

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:05 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

well ill prolly pick up wayde every event for a while so if your at blacktown station around then i can probably pick you up.

im probably going to screw some castors onto my recycler bin soon because i just have too much damn stuff to bring Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

We have an old suitcas that would be perfect for my (on process) bot. I think it would take around an hour to blacktown, cause it was around 45 mins when I went to paramatta. But then, trains are very unreliable. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:46 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

only prob is I cant give a time when I'll be waiting at he station. So I'll probaly ring jeff, then he can come. You know, I am probably up for another build day this sat/sun. Had plans, but they aint happening now.

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:49 am