Team RCC featherweights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Author    Thread
maddox

Pinion wire?

I guess I'll try the silver brazing.

Peening the shaft sounds "neolithic"

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

LOL, just for once I know something you don't Laughing Pinion wire is a length of rod (maybe 150 to 300mm) with spur teeth cut all the way along it. You just cut off the length you need for one pinion and drill it out in the lathe.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:25 pm 
maddox

I wish I could source that kind of stuff over here. But a Z9 mod .75 , nope.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I have only needed imperial pinion wire in the past and managed to find it locally. What does the "Z9" in the gear description mean - number of teeth?

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:02 pm 
maddox

A Z in a gears notifications stands for amount of teeth. But if you use T most people will understand.

Next bit, sourcing the 9 teeth pinions of small batterydrills.

We mated up TPpower 3620 10Y motors with the Ranglebox Neptunes, and there is the rub. The el cheapo batterydrillmotors have that small Z9 pinion. A Z15 I can weld, but this small bugger, forget it.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:47 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Could sell them and go to banebots P60s, many many people using them with brushless motors no issues. the first brushless decimator had 3665 inrunner motors on it no problems Smile press fit only.

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 am 
maddox

Dortmund modelbuilders fair 2019.

Dortmund 2019.

Perun did well actualy, only 1 failure in the weekend. A motorcan unscrewing itself from the front plate.
The fact the machine isn't very aggressive and the driver, Babeth, is learning to cope with the new drives in combat situations, made the ranking not as high as some would like.

Upgrades? Replacing the scoop and some wheel protection seem right.

Nebelwerfer4 shows maturation. The 2 failures. A broken belt and a lose weaponmotor wire can be traced to me, not the inherent machine, what came trough with only some scrapes, dents or otherwise cosmetic issues.
With a load of spare armor parts in our toolbox, non have been used, and won't be needed.

Upgrades? With 500 grams+ in reserve, we can do a lot. But the main thing will be cleaning up the wiring and simplifiying maintenance. I doubt weaponpower needs an increase.

Kashei is dead. The weapon keeps destroying itself. We're designing a new version, but first we'll experiment with slip clutches.

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:50 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

It sounds like you had a good time, any photos?

Post Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:19 am 
maddox

After Dortmund Life had other plans for Team RCC.

But with Hannover comming up, we got together and started on Nebelwerfer earlier this evening.

Armor looks chewed, but isn't weakened. So, we're still running the original parts. We'll replace the stickers tough. And maybe add some extra .

The disk. Bushings are cracked and running on Ti is wearing them out faster than expected. So, we installed the spare disk, and the old one is getting new bushings later this weekend, becoming the spare. Try that with bearings, 4 events , and still working.

Frame. 6mm Ti. Nothing to see, repair or replace.

Electronics. Replaced some gaffatape labels and connector taping. Tested the whole, and we declare Nebelwerfer 4 ready.

Perun will go on the table tomorrow.

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:23 am 
maddox

Hannover came and went.

Nebelwerfer did great, but not great enough. We lost our title.
On the other hand, second place for this monster in the raptor class... Only damage was 2 belts. Each of them failed in the deceleration fase after the fights.

Babeth did well as driver of Perun, and ended up in third place.
Damage. Not even wheels (with 8 pairs of spares…) only the motors that unscrewed themselfs from the front plates.

All in all, a good event with a dark cloud. Gives me all the reasons to improve Nebelwerfer, and give the benign and gentle Perun a successor

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 am 
maddox

We opted for a new feather. used a tried and proven concept.

Team RCC can unveil Kasirga.

Listen to the sweet voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkIOcI7pfs

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 am 
maddox

https://www.hln.be/video/elisabeth-bouwt-en-bestuurt-vechtrobots~p108909

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:19 pm